How to obtain an official copy of your transcript
How to Order an Official Transcript
The university defines an official transcript as including all aspects of the student's academic coursework at UDM. Undergraduate, graduate and professional level coursework is included on the official university transcript. The university does not release portions of the student's transcript and releases the full and complete document only.
Please note that transcripts mailed directly to you will say "Issued to Student" and may not be considered as official by a third party.
Transcripts are $5.00 per copy and can be ordered in the following ways:
1. ONLINE at the National Student Clearinghouse, using a credit card. The University of Detroit Mercy has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the web. There is an additional $2.25 service charge per transcript for using this ordering service. This service is available to current students and alumni 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Orders processed after 5:00 pm will be processed beginning on the next business day by the University's Office of the Registrar.
Special note for the holidays: Online transcript requests that are submitted while we are closed for the holidays from December 24, 2014 through January 1, 2015 will be processed in the order they were received when our office reopens on Friday, January 2, 2015.
You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed. Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also track your order online using your email address and order number.
Your signed consent may be required to fulfill your transcript order. For your convenience, a consent form will be generated for your order that you can sign and send via fax, mail or as a scanned email attachment to the Clearinghouse. You can also electronically provide your signature. The signature must be on file with NSC before orders are processed. Order updates will be emailed to you throughout the process.
It is possible to add an attachment to your order placed through the Clearinghouse. Please ONLY include attachments that are required to accompany the transcript and are noted on the document as such. Other attachments cannot be included with ttranscript.
As of mid-October 2012 there is an option to have your transcript sent electronically to yourself or to a third party when you order your transcript through the Clearinghouse. This may save time instead of having a transcript mailed once it is processed in our office. You will need to provide an email address where the transcript needs to be sent and the receiver must be willing to accept electronic transcripts from you. There is an additional $1.75 charge for this service. This option is only available to students who attended the University of Detroit Mercy since 1990 and use the National Student Clearinghouse site to place your transcript order. Etranscripts are not available for the former University of Detroit or Mercy College of Detroit transcript records because those records don't exist in an electronic format.
If you need help or have questions about the Clearinghouse's transcript ordering service, contact 703-742-7791 or email@example.com
2. IN PERSON at the Office of the Registrar, McNichols Campus, Fisher Administration Center, Room 80. Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Summer hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
The Office of the Registrar can provide transcripts for you to pick up in person. The two-day processing time and $5.00 charge per copy still apply. Please be aware that many academic institutions will not accept a transcript as official that does not come directly from the Registrar's Office. Transcripts that you pick-up will be marked "Issued to Student". Call the office two days prior to place an order for pick-up. Payment is due at the time of the order. Your picture ID is required at the time of pick-up.
3. BY PHONE at 313-993-3313 during normal business hours. Phone orders are only accepted for transcripts that will be picked up in the office after two business days. Payment is due at the time of the order. Release of transcripts requires a signature which cannot be obtained through a phone call.
4. BY MAIL, by sending a handwritten or typed request to the Office of the Registrar. In order to comply with federal regulations the handwritten or typed request must be signed and dated. It needs to include the following:
- Name you attended under if different from your current name
- Social Security Number or student ID number
- Current address
- Daytime telephone number
- Institution attended (U of D, Mercy College or UDM)
- Year attended or graduated
- Complete address of where you would like the transcript sent if different from your home address. Please include the name of the institution, company or business as well as department, if this applies to your order.
- Check or money order made payable to the University of Detroit Mercy. $5.00 for each copy that you order
Mail the signed transcript request along with payment to:
Office of the Registrar
University of Detroit Mercy
4001 W. McNichols Road
Detroit, MI 48221-3038
5. BY FAX, by faxing a signed request that contains the information listed in the BY MAIL option above to (313) 993-3317. Fax orders must be charged to a credit card. We need the credit card number and expiration date. Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express are accepted.
Additional Information on Transcript Orders
Transcripts sent to you will be marked "Issued to Student".
Transcripts that require additional attachment(s) sent with the transcript must be submitted in person, by FAX, by mail or attached to the online order.
Your request will normally be processed within 2 business days and sent via U.S. Mail.
If you require faster delivery, we will send your transcript via UPS after the two-day processing time. Specify that you are requesting Express delivery and there are additional fees required for this service. In Michigan add $20, U.S. outside of Michigan add $35.00, Canada and Mexico add $45.00 and other international addresses there is a charge of $95.00. The fee for international is determined once we know the location (specific address) for the delivery. Please note that UPS cannot deliver to P.O. boxes. A phone number at the destination is also required for UPS.
The Registrar is unable to release transcripts to individuals who have outstanding financial obligations to the University. Questions regarding financial obligations should be directed to the Student Accounting Office at 313-993-1420.
No transcripts are processed or mailed on days that the university is closed for holidays including the week between Christmas and New Year's. Please plan accordingly.
For any additional information, contact the Office of the Registrar at 313-993-3313 or firstname.lastname@example.org