Confidential Campus Resources

Students that have experienced sexual assault or any type of sex or gender-based discrimination may find it helpful to meet with a psychotherapist, a licensed professional that provides mental health services. Confidential Campus Resources for students are listed below.

Employees may access Confidential Campus Resources listed below for consultation and referral.

Confidential Campus Resources

Licensed professional counselors, social workers and psychologists provide counseling for individuals who are recovering, or seek to recover, from traumatic events experienced in their lives. Trauma can impair emotional functioning and decision-making and can prevent students from succeeding academically and socially.

Interpersonal communication (communication with others) and development of boundaries consistent with healthy relationships can be fostered through counseling. Increased development of self-awareness and intrapersonal communication (communication with self) can also be fostered and developed through mental health therapy. Persons who have experienced sexual assault, sexual exploitation, domestic violence, dating violence, interpersonal violence, and stalking are invited and encouraged to seek counseling with the Confidential Campus Resources listed below.

Please note that there is no charge for services provided by the Confidential Campus Resources below.

The University's confidential resources are:

Annamaria Silveri, RN, LPC, LLP, PhD (Wellness Center)
Phone: 313-993-1459

Natalie Wicks, LMSW, ACSW (Wellness Center)
Phone: 313-578-0496

Erika Budson, MA, LPC, NCC, ATR (Wellness Center)
Phone: 313-993-1545

Kristen Salem Carney, LMSW (Wellness Center)
Phone: 313-993-1562

Bailey Anderson, LMSW (Dental)
Phone: 313-494-6938


Open All | Close All


    If I consult with one of the therapists listed above, does this prevent me from contacting the Title IX office to report or disclose potential sex or gender-based discrimination?

    No. You may contact the Title IX office anytime to discuss or relay concerns relating to potential sex or gender-based discrimination.

    If I file a report with the Title IX office, does this prevent me from simultaneously or later seeking counseling or mental health services?

    No. Seeking the professional services of a mental health therapist is encouraged by the Title IX office. A student or employee may obtain mental health counseling before, during, or after the filing of a Title IX report and resultant investigation.

    I may not be ready to meet with either a therapist or the Title IX coordinator after experiencing a traumatic event. What if I feel immobilized?

    Feeling powerless and confused is quite common after experiencing trauma or discrimination. Unfortunately, our problems are not likely to disappear if we ignore them. You are probably more likely to miss class or important assignments if you remain in your dorm room or do not drive to campus for class, work/study, or co-curricular events.

    Confidentiality is not the same as privacy, right?

    That's right. You protect your privacy and confidential campus resources protect your confidentiality.