Intramural Sports/Club Sports
Club Sports vs. Intramural Sports
Intramural sports are sports leagues and tournaments specifically for the Detroit Mercy community. These leagues/tournaments allow students, faculty and staff to compete against one another for the coveted Intramural Championship T-Shirt.
Club Sports are student organizations that compete in a specific sport. The organizations have tryouts, practices and often travel to compete against other university club programs. These organizations are entirely student run.
Detroit Mercy Intramural Sports offers students and employees the opportunity to participate in several sports throughout the academic year. Our offerings include kickball, ultimate frisbee, basketball, floor hockey, volleyball and many more. We have something for everyone, and we are always striving to have a diverse selection of programming available to students and employees. All intramural sports programs are free of charge to all participants. Feel free to contact Matt Higley at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, comments or concerns.
Detroit Mercy Intramural Sports has gone online. All intramural sports registration, schedules, results, standings, playoffs and more are available online at IMLeagues.com. IMLeagues.com is the number one intramural online management system in the country. The system is completely free for both our users and Detroit Mercy. Go the IMLeagues.com to sign up and activate your account today!
All players and teams must register on IMleagues.com. If players are not listed on the IMLeagues roster, they will be unable to participate (this will let us accurately track intramural participation).
All leagues must have a minimum of three teams to run. Teams will be able to choose from a preset time when they would like to play. The leagues will fill up on a first-come, first-served basis. Team will be allowed to register for sports all throughout the year. This will give us an idea of what leagues we need to expand and what leagues/divisions need to be removed.
*** Teams will be required to check in at the Fitness Center thirty (30) minutes before the tournament starts.
How to create or join an intramural team
All teams are required to register on IMleagues and have at least one representative at the captains meeting. If teams cannot make the captains meeting, they must contact Matt Higley at 313-993-1782 or email@example.com.
How To Create An Account
1. Go to imleagues.com/Registration
Go to www.imleagues.com and click Create Account
Go to www.imleagues.com and click Login with Facebook. If you have a Facebook account with your school email attached, this will automatically create an account, fill in your information and join you to the school (steps 2-4).
2. Enter your information and use your Detroit Mercy email account (ex. @udmercy.edu) and submit.
3.You will be sent an activation email: click the link in the email to login and activate your IMLeagues account.
4. You should be automatically joined to your school. If not, you can search schools by clicking the Schools link.
Create A Team
- Log in to your IMLeagues.com account.
- Click on Register in the upper right hand corner and select Create A Team .
- Find the sport you wish to register for and select the appropriate League (Men, Women, Co-Ed, or Open).
- Click on the orange Create Team button.
- Read the Release of Liability statement and click Accept.
- Type in your ultra-creative team name (Your mother should not be ashamed of your team name).
- Type in your T Number.
- Select a picture for your team if you want.
- Choose Auto-Select Members if you want (NOT RECOMMENDED).
- Enter your cell phone number and select your carrier.
- Select whether or not you want to receive updates via text message.
- Click blue Create Team button.
- Choose which days and times your team is NOT available. A Red X next to a time indicates NOT being available. A Green Check next to a time indicates your team IS available.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
- You will be brought to your team's homepage. Here you can begin inviting your teammates to the team OR you can have your teammates request to join the team (both options require approval from the other person). Instructions are below.
Join A Team
- Login into your IMLeagues.com Account.
- Click on University of Detroit Mercy at the top of the page.
- Hover your mouse over Register in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Click on Join Team.
- Find the sport, and click on the league you are searching for.
- Find your team in the list of teams.
- Click on the orange Join Team button next to the team you wish to join.
- Read the Liability Statement.
- Click Accept.
- Type in your T-Number.
- Type in an optional request message for your captain.
- Click Submit.
- The captain will get a message to approve your request to join the team.
How to sign up as a free agent
- Click on the University of Detroit Mercy banner to bring you to the school homepage.
- Go to Register in the upper right hand corner.
- Click on the orange Free Agent button.
- Make sure the Leagues/Divisions you want to join as a free agent are selected.
- Click Submit.
- Click Accept on the liability waiver.
- Enter T-number.
- Enter any Additional Information.
- Click Posting Listing.
Invite players to the team
- Login into your IMLeagues account.
- Click on your team name, this will take you to your team's homepage.
- Hover your mouse over Captain on the left hand side menu.
- Click on Invite Members Type in your teammates names to search for them.
- Click on name when it appears from search.If no name appears, it means no account for that person exists OR they have not activated an account. Every player must have an IMLeagues.com account.
- Once all players are found, click Send Invitations.
- Each player will receive an email at the Detroit Mercy account to view and accept the invitation.