College is a learning experience and commitment for the whole family. That's why Detroit Mercy offers an orientation specifically designed for parents of incoming students. Our program will provide you with tips to help guide your student to success at Detroit Mercy. Parent Orientation occurs from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Check back closer to orientation for specific dates.
The program will:
- Help you with your transition to becoming a college parent.
- Equip you with the resources necessary to help your student achieve success and graduate.
- Introduce you to faculty, advisors, staff and support personnel who will help your son or daughter at Detroit Mercy.
- Allow you to meet other Detroit Mercy parents and begin to develop connections with them.
- Academic Advising
- Student Life
- Career Education Center
- University Ministry
- Health and Wellness
- Public Safety
- Billing and Financial Aid
- Residence Life
- Dining Services
- Have lunch on campus.
- Have individual appointments with financial aid counselors.
- Have the option for a campus and/or residence hall tour(s).
- Receive a parent packet with valuable resources.
- Receive a discount on Detroit Mercy merchandise at the bookstore.
Parent orientation schedule
Parent orientation consists of presentations by Detroit Mercy faculty, students and administrators about the programs and resources available to freshmen. Parents will also learn about campus life opportunities and will have a chance to sit down one-on-one with a financial aid representative. Plan to dress casually and comfortably.
Check back closer to orientation for the schedule.