FY 2017 Enrollment Marketing Initiatives
Detroit Mercy’s Enrollment Marketing Initiatives for FY 2017 highlight its four keys messages —Excellent Academics, Positive Outcomes, Vibrant American City and Service-based Values — to increase brand awareness of the University and drive prospective students to enrollment events in support of recruitment strategy.
- Primary audiences: Traditional, full-time undergraduates and influencers
- Secondary audiences: Graduate and transfer students
TV Commercials — Detroit Mercy's two 30-second TV commercials will air on metro Detroit cable TV sports programs (college football and basketball, and Monday Night Football) and as a video banner ad for Comcast.net in the Detroit market prior to each Visit Day event.
Radio Traffic sponsorships will run on I-Heart radio stations in metro Detroit and Grand Rapids two weeks prior to Visit Days in October, November and December.
Billboards— Billboard placements in metro Detroit will include a permanent sign on I-94, I-96, I-75 and the Lodge Freeway throughout the academic year. In addition, six bulletin–size boards in Detroit were scheduled from September through December 2016. Two billboards were also located in the Grand Rapids area from September through December.
Home Team Marketing — Home Team Marketing promotion occurred during fall sports events at 36 high schools in metro Detroit and two high schools in Grand Rapids. Promotion included signage at schools, program inserts and PA announcements during sports events.
Interactive Media is scheduled throughout the year from September through June promoting specific programs and visit day events on:
- Pandora – audio and display ads.
- Dstillery – Display ads across multiple relevant sites to targeted demographic and channel use and ranked retargeting.
- Google AdWords – Key word selection on brand and academic programs will target prospective students.
- The University is in the midst of a major redevelopment of its website, which includes restructuring and redesigning our website to be more accessible and user friendly. Implementation of the new site is expected in early Winter term.
- The University is implementing its new brand positioning with a new logo, brandline and recruitment materials to enhance the University’s reputation and visibility. This strategy is a result of the University’s Brand Study undertaken last academic year.
- A social media strategic plan will be developed this year to maximize the University’s social media outlets to increase engagement with constituents.
- The College of Business Administration is highlighting its Centennial anniversary through events and a promotional campaign utilizing cable TV, billboards and print ads.