Build Your Organization
Are you interested in joining or forming a club or organization?
Students are welcome to start new organizations. It can be a club relating to your major, community service or simply something you are interested in.
- The Student Organization Policy and Registration Form is available to help guide you through the necessary steps to register a new student organization.
- All student organizations must be registered by the first week of the Fall Term to be recognized for the academic year.
- In addition to registering your organization through the Student Life Office, your attendance at the Annual Campus Leadership & Service Conference is mandatory as a requirement to be recognized as an organization on campus for the year.
For additional information, please call the Student Life Office at 313-993-1150
Annual Campus Leadership & Service Conference
Learn valuable leadership skills, team-building and organizational tools in a variety of workshops designed to assist organizations in developing their group. The event also covers necessary Student Life Office (SLO) policies and procedures to make sure we work together for the benefit of all student organizations.
The conference is open to the entire Detroit Mercy community and mandatory for all student organizations.
Once you register your organization for the academic year, you will be able to:
- Automatically register and participate in the Student Org Fair after Celebrate Spirit.
- Reserve facilities for meetings and events.
- Reserve SLO's 12 passenger van.
- Submit an application for Student Government Grant to fund events that your organization hosts.
- Student Organization Policy and Registration Form
- Guidelines for Planning a Successful Event (PDF)
- Model Constitution and Bylaws (PDF)
- Student Organization Event Policy (PDF)
- Student Government Association Grant Application (PDF)
- Student Organization Event Policy Authorization Form (PDF)
- Anti-Hazing Agreement Form (PDF)
- Agreement to Establish a Fund in Trust Form (PDF)