Five-member Committee: four adjunct faculty elected by the McNichols adjunct faculty and one adjunct faculty member of the MFA selected by the MFA. Adjunct faculty must have taught at least four academic terms over the past five years to be eligible to be elected to this Committee.
5 faculty representatives
- Review suggestions the Shared Governance Task Force made regarding the Adjunct Faculty Handbook and the Adjunct Policy and Procedures and revise documents accordingly.
- Provide a response to the MFA Executive Committee questions in order for the Executive Committee to respond to the Shared Governance Task Force concerns.
- Keep the University community informed of committee activities through providing summary minutes of meetings and reports. The secretary of the committee is responsible for sending these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organizational Structure and Tasks
- Develop a table of contents that would summarize important links and resources for an "electronic" adjunct handbook. In addition, identify gaps or missing material that could/should be created for the handbook to assist adjuncts.
- Meet with the Provost/VPAA and key University personnel to discuss adjunct status and needs.
- Provide ongoing reports to and consultation with the MFA.
- Determine Committee's organizational structure (officers/leadership, e.g., chairperson, secretary, and/or other positions).
- Draft operational policies and procedures (e.g., frequency of meetings, who calls meetings), notification time of meetings (e.g., ten days), time period for distribution of agenda (e.g., five days), timeline for preparation and approval of meeting minutes.
- Establish procedures for keeping records of approved resolutions, determinations, advice, membership records and other actions.
- Draft general assessment process and goals for first year (to be updated annually).
- Include clear time limits for action on various issues as per paragraph 4 under "Further Details" of Shared Governance Task Force proposal as approved by the university community. See also language under section on MFA indicating "During the pilot period, stringent timelines will be established both for committee and MFA processes and actions."
- Deliberate and act on pending issues identified by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Provide the Shared Governance Task Force with draft operational policies and procedures by December 1.