About the CEC
The Career Education Center's mission is to offer relevant and timely career development training to Detroit Mercy students. The Center provides opportunities for students to explore career options, obtain career-related experience and to research and find meaningful employment appropriate to their knowledge, abilities, aspirations and interests.
We accomplish our mission by providing students with…
- Experiential learning opportunities through cooperative education and internships.
- Opportunities to network with recruiters through campus interviewing, career fairs, employer information sessions and online career management software.
- Opportunities to learn and implement lifelong career development and career management skills through courses, workshops, seminars and online career resources.
Our Core Values
- We are committed to empowering students to make purposeful career-related decisions.
- We are committed to building and fostering partnerships with employers, faculty, staff and administration to facilitate the accomplishment of the CEC mission.
- We are committed to supporting the University's mission to provide excellent student-centered education in a welcoming and supportive environment.